Mesut Özil is the sixth highest paid player in the Premier League according to a study published in the Daily Mail.
The daily newspaper released the salaries of the top 10 best paid players in the Premier League with Özil coming in sixth place and is the only player outside of Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United to make it in the list of top 10 individual earners.
Özil earns £190k per week bringing his yearly earning close to £10 million. The 26-year-old is on a five year deal which began in September 2013 meaning by the end of his current deal Özil will have earned almost £50 million.
Premier League Top 10 earners:
1. Wayne Rooney (Man Utd) £260,000-a-week (Five-year deal signed in 2014)
2. Sergio Aguero (Man City) £240k (Five-year deal signed in 2014)
3. Yaya Toure (Man City) £240k (Four-year deal signed in 2013)
4. Eden Hazard (Chelsea) £220k (Five-year deal signed in 2015)
5. David Silva (Man City) £200k (Five-year deal signed in 2014)
6. Mesut Özil (Arsenal) £190k (Five-year deal signed in 2013)
7. Raheem Sterling (Man City) £180k (Five-year deal signed in 2015)
8. Cesc Fabregas (Chelsea) £170k (Five-year deal signed in 2014)
Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) £170k (Six-year deal signed in 2015)
10. John Terry (Chelsea) £160k (One-year deal signed in 2015)
Özil is expected to be fit for Arsenal’s clash with Stoke City in the Premier League this weekend.