Galatasaray confirm West Ham made loan bid for Burak Yilmaz

0
Galatasaray¥s forward Burak Yilmaz celebrates scoring during the UEFA Champions League football match between Schalke 04 and Galatasaray in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, on March 12, 2013. AFP PHOTO / PATRIK STOLLARZ (Photo credit should read PATRIK STOLLARZ/AFP/Getty Images)

Galatasaray general secretary Fatih İşbecer confirmed that West Ham made a loan bid for Burak Yilmaz.

İşbecer revealed that the Lions will only consider a permanent transfer deal for the Turkish international striker.

“We were made a loan bid from West Ham but we are after a permanent transfer deal so the deal fell through,” İşbecer told reporters at the Perform Group sponsorship signing ceremony.

The latest developments conflict with Galatasaray president Dursun Özbek claiming he knew nothing about West Ham interest and that no offer had been made.

“I have received no offers Burak is our player and it really annoys me that these speculations have been made,” Özbek told reporters at the Union of Club meeting held in Istanbul today.

West Ham boss Slaven Bilic on the other hand confirmed that Yılmaz is on his transfer list and that his addition to the squad would be welcomed.

Bilic told Hürriyet reporter İzzet Çapa: “There is a striker problem right now at West Ham and if the board agree to sign a forward Burak Yilmaz is on my transfer list.”

Bilic also revealed that Galatasaray want to sell Burak Yilmaz and are reluctant to accept a loan bid.

The Hammers boss was quoted by the Daily Star as saying: “Burak is a diffent situation as they are looking to sell him and we are not buying now.”

Galatasaray were reported to have requested an €8m transfer fee for the prolific striker who has scored 81 times in 140 games for the reigning champions.

See More
3 reasons Burak Yilmaz would be a success at West Ham
3 reasons Emenike could be a success at West Ham