Galatasaray confirmed that Serdar Aziz and Eren Derdiyok have been dismissed today. Neither player will play for the club again and have been told to find new clubs.
Derdiyok has struggled for form, meanwhile, Aziz was caught on holiday in the Maldives just one day after missing the final game of 2018 with a stomach problem.
The Lions have made it clear that Ozan Kabak will be staying on at the club over the January transfer window.
“I can understand Ozan’s excitement, big clubs in Europe want him but this is not the time to leave, the time for a transfer is not during the winter break,” Fatih Terim said.
Fatih Terim: “I understand his excitement. He’s a young kid and his time to go to Europe will come – but that time is not now. Not in January.” pic.twitter.com/IttocG3Jej
— Red&Yellow (@Ataqoz) January 3, 2019
Kabak has been closely linked with an exit.
Turkish-Football spoke to Galatasaray regarding the future of the young defender.
The Yellow-Reds made it clear that recent reports claiming a deal has been struck with Cardiff City over Kabak are false.
The club did confirm that Cardiff are among several sides including Manchester United, Roma, Watford and Inter who have been scouting the young defender.
The club are concerned over the defender’s €7.5m release clause.
Negotiations over a new contract deal have stalled but the reigning Super Lig champions remain optimistic they will be able to strike an agreement.
Kabak rose through the Galatasaray youth ranks before breaking into the first team earlier this season.