Arsenal playmaker Mesut Özil is the 7th most marketable footballer in Europe according to Repucom. The 26-year-old brings in approximately €5 million in advertising revenue.
Özil is the most marketable German player on the list which is lead by Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo who earns €35 million from advertising.
Repucom had a total of 6,500 people in 13 major football nations and markets surveyed including Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, Germany, England, France, India, Italy, Japan, Russia, Spain and USA.
The top 10 of the most marketable players in European footballer:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal / Real Madrid)
2. Wayne Rooney (England / Manchester United)
3. Andres Iniesta (Spain / FC Barcelona)
4. Robin van Persie (Netherlands / Manchester United)
5. Arjen Robben (Netherlands / Bayern Munich)
6. Andrea Pirlo (Italy / Juventus)
7. Mesut Özil (Germany / FC Arsenal)
8. Mario Götze (Germany / Bayern Munich)
9. Gareth Bale (Wales / Real Madrid)
10 Eden Hazard (Belgium / Chelsea)
Özil signed a contract with Adidas in 2013 believed to be worth in the region of €25 million to promote and wear their products. The deal will run until 2020.